Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fearless Stranger


I was walking out of the LBJ building the other night after visiting the Office of Disability Services. Hobbling around on me (apparently unnecessary) walking boot, a man appeared next to me as I was focused on getting my ipod turned on. He asked me what happened to my foot and I explained that I broke my ankle recently [Note: not actually broken.]. Looking back on it now, I'm convinced that he is a direct descendant of Jeff Spicoli, but for now I will call him dude. Dude empathized with me about about the trials and tribulations of ankle pain, explained his own difficulties in the past, and as we reached the end of our mutual course, he wished me luck. I turned to the left with a dreamy look in my eyes. "Wow, having a walking boot on is apparently much more interesting than just plain 'ole shoes. I love running into people on campus randomly." I then took my ipod out of my pocket once again, unlocked in and hit play. Fearless by Taylor Swift came on; I took the song as an aptly timed omen.


Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment